My new viewer for XMLTV RT

Discussion of my XMLTV Radio Times grabber
digidragon

My new viewer for XMLTV RT

Post by digidragon » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:28 pm

Thanks for your XMLTV RT Grabber, which I've recently discovered. For viewing the xml data I tried TVGuide, as suggested on your site, but didn't like the layout etc. very much. It also seemed a bit slow when the xml was fairly large.

As I couldn't find anything else to view the data with, I had a go at writing something myself, using your xml file for the data.

I wrote it in VB6 (yes, I know :P ... but I coded it well (I hope), and it looks vaguely
professional.

Anyway, I've attached a screenshot, and just wondered if anyone would like to try it.

No problem if not, but I thought I'd ask by way of thanks for your very useful
XMLTV RT Grabber...

PS. This isn't spam in any way. It's just something I wrote for myself that a few others might find useful...

digidragon

Post by digidragon » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:48 pm

Alan has kindly given me a little bit of his webspace to upload the setup for my program, so if you'd like to try it you can read about and download it here:

http://xmltvview.birtles.org.uk/ (windows only)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:45 am

Hi Digidragon,

you wouldn't happen to be releasing the source for this program would you. I am looking at making a small program (similar to one called NowShowing) for feebie release (if anyone wants it - but mainly for personal use). Would be very interested.

Mong.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:58 am

you may get a quicker reply if you email him directly through his website