Issues with Radio Times Downloads

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
webbo

Issues with Radio Times Downloads

Post by webbo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:29 am

I believe my problem is with the Radio Times data, however I am getting different errors in version 3.05 and 3.06 of the grabber for the same channels.

In a clean install of 3.06 I am getting the error:
Error downloading listings: Parse error in channel XX (for any channel for example 1959).

In version 3.05 (which has been working correctly for some time):
Error downloading listings: Cannot start search string from 0

Is anyone else having similar problems? Any help would be most appreciated.

kantjer

Post by kantjer » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:37 pm

Same problem here (running 3.06) , I don't think it is a XMLV GUI problem. When you try downloading the dat files manually it also fails. It looks like the data isn't available on the RT server.

I had this problem last Sunday, yesterday it was working and this morning the problem was back again :(

webbo

Post by webbo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:07 pm

All well today so was a data issue - was getting a little scared as I only had 4 days worth of listings left!

garcot

Issues with radiotimes downloads

Post by garcot » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:47 pm

I have had similar problems over the last week or so. Now on version 3.06 and am using the XMLTV file with Webschedular. This reports SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode 0x0) was found in the element content of the document. Fault still there this evening.

Solved?

From Wellsie on the DVB Owners Forum, this problem fixed by enabling UK_RT_Free_Limit postproceesor, (with character set UTF-8).

This gets rid of the problem but why?

Late extra; Friday 6 October, problem now not happening whether the postprocessor is on or not. But Film 4 info no longer appears!!!

Later still, this was a problem with Webschedular. It requires mapping between the station names it uses for EPG lists and those of the list provider. For some reason the RT name was set to Film4 but now needs to be Film Four.

PeterJ