No Original Air Date == Rerun ?

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
Alfiegerner

No Original Air Date == Rerun ?

Post by Alfiegerner » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:43 pm

First of all let me say I've been using your grabber in its various guises for over a year now so thanks very much.

I'm trying to get my first runs / reruns logic sorted out for SageTv. I'm using Stephane Meguye's new XMLTV importer and there's a flag which could help:

shows without an original air date are reruns.

Is this true for the xmltv produced by your grabber? If not, could you recommend a way of picking out reruns? Thanks.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:19 am

is this for radio times? if so there is no original air date supplied, the previously shown flag is normally quite accurate though

Alfiegerner

Post by Alfiegerner » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Yup, this is using the Radio Times grabber.

This might be an issue with how the sage importers deal with the xmltv files then. For me, the vast majority of reruns come through as First Run.

Some channels seem to process better than others: someone at a thread i set up over at sage (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthr ... post188699) thinks some shows work better than others.

I'll have a look at the sage xmltv importers to make sure they use the previously shown flag.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:33 pm

the best way to find out is to check the xml and see if the sage data matches that

Alfiegerner

Post by Alfiegerner » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 am

It looks like the data from radio times more often than not does not contain the previously shown flag.

A lot of channels do not contain that attribute at all (e.g. uktv gold) and those that do (e.g the main five channels) mostly ignore it.