BLEB.ORG

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
rickgillyon

BLEB.ORG

Post by rickgillyon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:46 am

While I haven't given up on the RT feed yet, it seems that some parts of BLEB.ORG feed are better (episode numbers etc.). Is it possible to get feed from both RT and BLEB and combine them? I'd need to use the same channel ids as the RT feed as this is what SageTV understands.

Would the combining of the feeds (if possible) combine details from the same channel in both feeds (e.g. combine two descriptions for a single programme) or would I only be able to get each channel from one or the other?

Thanks as ever for a great bit of software! :D

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:36 pm

you could probably write lua scripts to combine the two feeds. taking whole channels from each will definately work but you will need to create a post processor to alter the bleb channel ids (see uk_rt altchids.lua for an example of how to do this)

rickgillyon

Post by rickgillyon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Okay, fell at the first hurdle on this. :?

Can't grab anything from BLEB, how do I set up the channels? I tried to copy channels.lua and change it, but no go, there's a userchannels.txt but can't get that to work. Should there be data in the UK_Bleb folder?

johnnygal

Post by johnnygal » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:17 am

I use Bleb to get listings for a few radio stations, that RadioTimes don't supply. XMLTVGUI then combines these into the single listings.xml file for me.

From memory, I seem to recall having to manually edit the channels.lua file in the settings\UK_Bleb directory.

You have to set the "id" field to match the filename used on the Bleb site. To see the listings files, there is a directory per day. Look here: http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/. You should then be able to navigate to the listings directories and see the filenames used.

I can send you my channels.lua file if that would help. I added a few of the TV channels to it recently when I used Bleb for TV listings when RadioTimes were having problems.

rickgillyon

Post by rickgillyon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks, I tried setting up a channels.lua but failed! Does that mean the channel id is e.g. bbc1.xml rather than bbc1 as I was trying?

johnnygal

Post by johnnygal » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:37 pm

No, just the name without the ".xml". Here's a snippet from my lua file showing the radio channels:

local channels= {{ID="bbc1",Name="BBC 1"},{ID="bbc2",Name="BBC 2"},{ID="itv1",Name="ITV 1"},{ID="ch4",Name="Channel 4"} ,{ID="five",Name="Five"},{ID="abc1",Name="abc1"},{ID="bbc1_scotland",Name="BBC 1 Scotland"} ,{ID="bbc1_wales",Name="BBC 1 Wales"},{ID="bbc2_scotland",Name="BBC 2 Scotland"},{ID="bbc2_wales",Name="BBC 2 Wales"}
,{ID="bbc3",Name="BBC 3"},{ID="bbc4",Name="BBC 4"},{ID="bbc7",Name="BBC 7"},{ID="bbc_6music",Name="BBC 6 Music"}
,{ID="bbc_news24",Name="BBC News 24"},{ID="bbc_parliament",Name="BBC Parliament"},{ID="bbc_radio1",Name="BBC Raido 1"}
,{ID="bbc_radio1_xtra",Name="BBC Radio 1 Xtra"},{ID="bbc_radio2",Name="BBC Radio 2"},{ID="bbc_radio3",Name="BBC Radio 3"}
,{ID="bbc_radio4",Name="BBC Radio 4"}

If it's not working for you I wonder if I did something else to first set it up. (I have had it working for 6 months or so.) I've had a look through my other directories for XMLTVGUI and I can't see anything.

I'll try lodading it fresh to another PC and see if it works.

johnnygal

Post by johnnygal » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:46 pm

OK. Just tried it and it's refreshed my memory!

When you select the bleb grabber and select the channels, it displays all of the tv channels AND now radio channels. I seem to recll that when I first installed XMLTVGUI last year the radio channels were not there and I had to manually edit the lua file.

But looking at the lua file that comes with the installation now, it has the tv and radio channels already there for bleb. So I just selected leb as the grabber, selected bbc1 chnnel and did a grab and it worked ok.

If you already had a previous version of XMLTVGUI installed maybe try upgrading to the latest version after uninstalling your current version. This should then put on a valid lua file giving access to all the bleb channels.

rickgillyon

Post by rickgillyon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:19 pm

There seems to be difference between versions concerning the location of the channels.lua - moved it from one folder to another and it found the channels straight away.

Now I just need to work out how to change the channels ids and program ids to the RT equivalent and combine them... ;)