RT handover to metabroadcast - Film category lost

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
bgowland

RT handover to metabroadcast - Film category lost

Post by bgowland » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 am

Hi Alan,

From the NextPVR forums...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php? ... t-s-source.

Radio Times have handed over EPG generation to metabroadcast. One side-effect is that the 'Category' for films is no longer 'Film' and instead it's replaced with a genre, e.g., Comedy or Drama etc.

Reading more about it, it seems that the 8th field of an entry in the .dat files is set to 'true' if the programme is a film. Would it be possible to have a post-processor to replace the currently generated genre type entries for the Category with 'Film' as it was previously?

Cheers,
Brian

martint123

Re: RT handover to metabroadcast - Film category lost

Post by martint123 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

It would be a most welcome "fix" at this time of year.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 pm

its not possible in a post processor and would require changes to the radio times grabber. I might find time to look at it over the next few weeks

bgowland

Post by bgowland » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:16 pm

alanbirtles wrote:its not possible in a post processor and would require changes to the radio times grabber. I might find time to look at it over the next few weeks
OK, thanks for the reply.

I had a feeling that might be the case. I looked through the LUA scripts but couldn't see anything which might work in this instance and figured it might have to go back to the grabber.

Cheers,
Brian

steeb

Post by steeb » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:49 am

Hi Alan,

I've just managed to catch up with this too!

I think it would be of great benefit when you get the chance (and I know these chances are not often!) to look at this. I would imagine if auntie beeb has handed this over to an extraneous company there will be 1 of 2 positions. MetaBroadcast will continue xml support or not. It seems that their intention is honourable at this moment to continue it?

In which case, if they do support, for all of the users of xmltvgui (most of whom just use out of the box, because it works, rarely even make a comment, and probably do not donate), it would be still fantastic to have you look at this.

BTW haven't forgotten you on the NextPVR wiki webpages but they are undergoing a whole re-vamp at the moment.

Happy Christmas Mr AB :D

steeb