DigiGuide problem

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
BigAlUK

DigiGuide problem

Post by BigAlUK »

I've done the suggested things to obtain DigiGuide input into XMLTV GUI and at first it appears to work (certainly it writes a huge XML file c. 25Mb). However, when I try to import it into GBPVR I only get two channels (BBC 1 West and BBC 2 West).

I'm really clueless about where to begin to look for what the problem is here.

If I use the RT as the only source in XMLTV GUI, all the channels are imported to GBPVR correctly. However, as soon as I add DigiGuide to the XMLTV GUI inputs (alone or together with RT) I only get those two channels.
alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: DigiGuide problem

Post by alanbirtles »

can you try removing the channel after bbc 2 (i assume its itv1) from your digiguide lineup and let me know if it works. if it does could you do a grab with just that channel and see if that works. if not upload the xml here and i will take a look
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

I'm assuming that using the front dialog of DigiGuide "Add or Remove Channels" option is what you mean. In there the two channels I get are at the top under the heading "Entertainment" (which is not the only heading). The next channel is BBC 3, which I have now removed. However it has not solved the problem
alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles »

i think digiguide will put itv1 next, the order in the channel choosing dialog doesnt matter
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

It hasn't got ITV 1 listed - it has ITV 1 West. I shall try removing that though.
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

Nope - that didn't work either.

I tried uploading the XML file earlier, but the forum interface didn't seem to like the 25Mbyte file (didn't say it would upload - merely locked the file for access).
alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles »

i didnt mean to upload the 25mb file. just a file with the broken channel in. does the gbpvr xmltv import have any logs?
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

I'll try and set something up. Interestingly, I tried removing the two channels I do get (BBC 1 West and BBC 2 West) and removed RT from XMLTV GUI (to keep it simple). As a result I get BBC 3, BBC 4 and BBC HD - but none of the other 60-odd channels I should be getting.
alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles »

could it be that the file is too big for gbpvr?
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

Ok - what I've done is removed all channels and then started reapplying them, BBC first, then the ITV channels. So far, all of these have worked correctly. (I've shunned BBC West 1 & 2, but used ITV1 West).

I'll carry on in this vein until I encounter one that stops it working.

Watch this space...
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

Alan, I think you might be right about the size being too big for GBPVR! :D

I replaced the Beeb 1 & 2 with their "West" equivalents and it did not stop the line up I'd started recreating so far. I've now got about 17 channels listed in GBPVR. I will continue growing the list and see what happens.
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

If it turns out that it is the file size, then I'll get on at "Sub" over at the GBPVR forum and see what he thinks.
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

Ah - interesting: I added Channel 4 + 1.

When I did that, the subsequently added channels gave a no-show (although Channel4+1 did show up itself). When I removed Channel4+1, the ones following it finally put in an appearance.

It doesn't like Channel 4 HD either.

Interestingly, when I moved Channel 4 HD to the end of the list in DigiGuide, the channels previously left out re-appeared. So it appears what you said about the order in DigiGuide isn't true. The order listed in the Add Remove dialog is important.
alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles »

could you upload an xml with just the channel 4 channels in
BigAlUK

Post by BigAlUK »

Ok - I used the following channels:

Channel 4
Channel 4 Plus 1
Channel 4 HD
S4C

Of these, only the first 3 appeared in GBPVR.