predefined / special characters

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
judydye

predefined / special characters

Post by judydye » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:38 pm

I have managed to get XMLTV GUI working with Pocket TV Manager to provide me with UK TV listings on my Palm. I was using straight xmltv to do the grabbing before but that hadn't worked for a while and I have only just managed to revisit the setup.
I'm really pleased to get it going again and using XMLTV GUI and the UK_RT_ALTNAMES_Text postprocessor to rename the channels is so much easier than what had to be done to use xmltv and the channel_ids file.

So I now have one minor niggle that I was wondering if anyone could help with?
XMLTV GUI is correctly producing xml with special characters such as a quote encoded as the predefined ' as in for example there's a teary moment involving...
However Pocket TV Manager is not parsing it so it appears literally in the program description. This looks a bit odd.

Is there any way of preventing the encoding of these characters by XMLTV GUI?
Or (better) does anyone know of any setting in Pocket TV Manager to cause them to be parsed?
I know that this is not a problem of XMLTV GUI but at least this application is live and supported whereas the Doublebit one is not.

Thanks for any help / advice

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: predefined / special characters

Post by alanbirtles » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 pm

download sed from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm
then after you have downloaded your data run the following:

Code: Select all

sed "s/\'/'/g" "data.xml" > "fixed.xml"
you should run this from a batch file. If the batch file is not in the same directory as the data files then you will need to replace data.xml and fixed.xml with the full path to those files

judydye

Re: predefined / special characters

Post by judydye » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 am

Brilliant - thanks so much.
It all works fine now - after I realised I had to add the sed directory into the path statement!

Thanks

Judy