Channel list disappears after restart

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
dancake

Channel list disappears after restart

Post by dancake » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Hello there. Firstly, thanks for this nice piece of software. I am using it with mediaportal and find it
much easier to set up than Webepg! (Any chance of a Mediaportal Plugin? ; I currently use task sceduler)

Anywhoo, I am experiencing a strange problem today where I loose my channel list each time I start XMLTV Gui Grabber; ie I have to go to the Channel setup, click refresh and redefine all my channels again every time I want to update the EPG

(I have also noticed SKY ONE has changed to SKY1?)

On restart I get an error on the front page (cant remember the exact Sytax) suggesting there is an error loading ALL the channels.

Any ideas? NB I am using the 12/2008 software, not todays update

NB Is there a way to back up my channel list?

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Channel list disappears after restart

Post by alanbirtles » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

dancake wrote:Any ideas? NB I am using the 12/2008 software, not todays update
this is what todays update fixes. Radio Times added a copyright warning at the start of all their data files without telling anybody!

dancake

Post by dancake » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Thats great stuff; I am at work right now. Will try it as soon as I get home!

Cheers.

LanceRM

Post by LanceRM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi,
I've just built a tiny app to take the "Data.xml" file produced by XMLTV UGI, fill in all of the programme gaps with something better than "no data available" and create some of the missing "+1" channels from the existing entries, then output it to "TVguide.xml".
I created it over the weekend, as I haven't been able to get the WebEPG working on MediaPortal for weeks and your XMLTV GUI appears to be an elegant solution. :D Thank you.
I've no idea if it will be of use to you (or Dancake) but I'll test it this week and, if it continues to work without error, send it to you next weekend. Would you like the C# code, too? Please feel free to distribute or alter it as you see fit.
Regards,
Lance

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 pm

LanceRM wrote:Hi,
create some of the missing "+1" channels from the existing entries
I'm sorry to say you may have wasted your time with that one as there is already a post processor to do that for you

LanceRM

Post by LanceRM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi,

I tried that, but it didn't work in MP. When I imported it into MP, everything was an hour out. I assumed it was a summer-time adjustment problem, but I'm not familiar enough with either MP or XMLTV GUI to work it out and it was easier to incorporate a little extra code into the app'... ;)

Regards,
Lance

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:25 pm

the following configuration works for me with media portal.
Set XMLTV timezone to "GMT/BST"
In mediaportal check "Apply timezone compensation" but leave hours and minutes set to zero