Digiguide & Big Screen EPG

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
benryder

Digiguide & Big Screen EPG

Post by benryder » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello Alan,

I hope you can help me. I'm using XMLTVGui to get XML data from Digiguide into Windows Media Centre (Windows 7) using Big Screen EPG to import the data into Media Centre.

Previously I used DG2XML on its own to generate the XML Data and it was running perfectly until the clocks went forward at the weekend. At which point it was an hour out. I was then pointed towards your program. It appears to work correctly (to a point) and is generating XML with the correct daylight savings.

However when I use it with Digiguide ticked and everything else left as default it creates the XML file but appears to be slightly different than what DG2XML created on its own.

I'm afraid I don't know the technical parts of what this may be called, but when imported into Big Screen EPG to match up channels it displays some of the channels information as 'UK_Digi_<sky channel number>'. Eg for BBC 2 South it is 'UK_Digi_102'. Previously with DG2XML it was just '102' which Big Screen EPG recognised and was able to match up.

Do you know what may be causing this and a way around it?

Many thanks,

Ben.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Digiguide & Big Screen EPG

Post by alanbirtles » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 pm

enable the uk_digi_alt_digi post processor. By default, xmltv gui modifies the channel ids like this to ensure that channels from different grabbers don't conflict with each other.

benryder

Post by benryder » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Hello

I've tried that however I get the following error when I try to import via Big Screen EPG.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (51.46 KiB) Viewed 27023 times

benryder

Post by benryder » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 am

I've fixed this. I had 'Sort Programs' enabled which was causing that error. Now removed all is good !

Thank you,

Ben.