A few weeks ago my xmltv-data provider, ontv.dk, changed the episode number format from episode-num system="onscreen" to episode-num system="xmltv_ns", and that have created some small problems for me. The old format, onscreen, was not supported by XMLTV GUI, but it was supported by one of the other programs I use, I am however not quite sure which one. That program would take the episode number and put it in the end of the title, making the titles look like this, depending on how the individual station chooses to format their episode numbers:
NCIS 10 season 8
Will and Grace 127/194
After the change to xmltv_ns, which of course is supported by XMLTV GUI, but not the other program, I only have the option to put the episode number in the start of the sub-title, making it look like this:
Will and Grace
My problem now is that I do not always have easy access to the sub-title, meaning I loose the information about episode number.
The programs I use are: Xepg from a123.dk to run XMLTV GUI and import epg data into DVBViewer Recording Service, and from that into DVBViewer.
In Recording Service there are no problems, I have full and easy access to the sub-title. The problem is DVBViewer. In MyEPG and MyRecordings I can only see the title, not the sub-title, making it difficult to determine which recorded episode to see first in order to see the series in sequence. Also the file name itself no longer have episode number, meaning that if I choose to move the file to my NAS, I completely loose all information about episode.
What I would like, is the option to put the episode number in the end of the title. That way I would again have easy and full access to the episode number. What would make it absolutely perfect would be the option to put it in brackets, making it look like this:
Will and Grace (E127/194)
If you choose to make these changes, the following format is widely used elsewhere and other people might like it:
While waiting to see if you choose to make these changes, I figured out, that I could probably do at least some of it, like putting the episode number in the title, myself, by making some changes to the file prog_details.lua. Unfortunately I haven't done any programming since 1989, where I used Comal80, so I will need some help to do that.