All Shows from Schedules Direct Marked as Previously Shown

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
pkscout

All Shows from Schedules Direct Marked as Previously Shown

Post by pkscout » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm using XMLTV GUI to download guide data from Schedules Direct and import into ArgusTV. I noticed that the only way I could get ArgusTV to record things is if I unchecked SKIP REPEATS. In looking at the XML, every show was marked as previously shown. I've never worked with the lua language before, but as I looked through the code for the Schedules Direct plugin, I found the issue. There is a point where previouslyshown is set to false if prog.new is true, but prog.new is never set anywhere. Once I fixed that, the XML file looked right and I can now skip repeats in ArgusTV.

Is there a way to submit patches for plugins? I'd be happy to submit the changes.

Unrelated, I also updated the plugin to put "no description" in the description field if there was no description in the Schedules Direct feed. That fixed a problem I was having with an outside post processor. I'd probably include that in the patch as well.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: All Shows from Schedules Direct Marked as Previously Sho

Post by alanbirtles » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 pm

yes just post it here and I will update it. Sorry for the delay your message was stuck with about 1500 spam messages in the moderation queue

pkscout

Re: All Shows from Schedules Direct Marked as Previously Sho

Post by pkscout » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 am

Sounds good. And no worries about the wait. That's given me plenty of time to make sure my updates didn't break anything else. :D

I'm attaching two files. One is the complete na_sd.lua file. The other is a patch file in case you want to see exactly what I changed. The update does two things:

1- Updates the logic so that the repeats flag is set and passed to the XML creation engine
2- inserts "no description" in the description field for any show that has no description.

I did #2 because I have an external processor that takes this XML file, adds some TVDB stuff to it, and then pushed it to ArgusTV. That external processor requires a description be present. Since that one was written in Java, it was easier for me to learn a little LUA and change na_sd than it was to learn Java. :o
Attachments
na_sd.patch.txt
Patch File for updates to Schedules Direct plugin
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 3162 times
na_sd.lua
Updated Schedules Direct plugin
(15.56 KiB) Downloaded 3187 times