Current working of DigiGuide Grabber

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
Paul-B

Current working of DigiGuide Grabber

Post by Paul-B » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:50 pm

I've been reading a number of articles relating to XMLTV GUI, DigiGuide and the intermediary add-in DG2XML. Firstly, is it still true that the add-in DG2XML is still required for XMLTV to be able to grab the the EPG information from a local install of DigiGuide?

If DG2XML is still required then it doesn't seem to work with XMLTV or more likely I haven't configured it correctly. For other who maybe struggling this is how I got DG2XML to work in isolation with Digiguide:
  • Download and install original binaries- http://www.fourcubed.net/projects/dgxmltv/1.0.3.zip
    Download an updated executable for new versions of Digiguide (basically adds a delay) - http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthr ... tcount=275
    Rename folder xmltv.dgscheme-web to DG2XML.dgscheme-web under install directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\fourCubed\DGXMLTV\DigiGuide Files\schemes\server skins\"
    Copy the directory schemes folder from previous step (including sub-directories) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DigiGuide TV Guide\"
    Merge the contents
    Enable web services in DigiGuide (you don't need to change the skin), set a password
    Open a command prompt, naviagte to "C:\Program Files (x86)\fourCubed\DGXMLTV\"
    Run the new executable dg2xml.exe password=password (the password set two point before)
I've attached two screenshots, one showing the running of dg2xml and the other the error from XMLTV

Paul
Attachments
XMLTV.png
Error output from XMLTV GUI
XMLTV.png (9.21 KiB) Viewed 60168 times
dg2xml.png
Screenshot of running dg2xml manually
dg2xml.png (27.96 KiB) Viewed 60168 times

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Current working of DigiGuide Grabber

Post by alanbirtles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 am

is your password correct in the xmltv gui settings?