Recompiling XmlTvGui

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
saywhat

Re: Recompiling XmlTvGui

Post by saywhat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Alan: thank you for your answers! Glad to see I am not the only one to get things running.

I will ask you again: putting the lot together in a zip-file would make experimenting a lot easier: your source-files, fundamentals-files and Indy for a certain compiler would have saved me a lot of time, almost to the point of giving up.

I have still 2 to go:
[Warning] IdGlobal.pas(1698): return value of function 'UTF8BytesToChar' might be undefined
[Error] uluagrabbers.pas (128): Unsatisfied forward or external declaration 'TLuaGrabbers.webWork'

I'l be working on it.
In case my English is not good (enough): I am Dutch

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:59 pm

can i ask why you want ot compile it anyway? it is just curiosity or is there something you are trying to achieve?

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:22 pm

After a couple of years spending my time at programming in assembly on microcontrollers (= work), I would like to pickup again programming in Delphi 7 (= home).

My tuner Reelbox Lite could use the Bleb EPG directly, but since changing to daylightsavings, all timestamps are one hour off time in Central European countrys (Holland, Germany etc.). Because I use a lot of searchtimers in the Reelbox, I need an correct EPG. Andrew (from Bleb) does not respond to my email, so I have to do something else.

I was thinking: using your program in its current form studying first. Than try to rewrite/edit some to get the same format of output what Bleb has, but with the right timestamps. If that succeeds, I have to find a way to upload that outputfile(s) to my website (have to make first). By editing the url's in a list on the reelbox to my (new) site, I would be able to use the searchtimers again.

Why not convert the Blebfiles? Some channels are not available on Bleb, while rt_uk has the ones that are interresting for me. I am surprised RT_UK has EPS 2 weeks ahead, but doubt the practical value after one week or more.

But first of all: I want it to compile well, so I know the source is good and look in the sourcefiles and with the help of the debugger, how it exaclty works. That takes a long time, I know. It looks a bit like reverse engineering with the advantage of having the source already! I have to know how things work before I change a bit.

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:54 pm

It seems I did delete a block, wich is exactly the procedure 'TLuaGrabbers.webWork'.

Now in Runutils, there is a "uses shwmsg", wich is not in the source and not in the SVN-directory.

By changing shwmsg to "dialogs", this was compiling good.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:37 am

have you tried changing the timezone in settings? if that still doesn't work what you want to do could easily be accomplished in a lua post processor script

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 am

The Reelbox itself makes direct contact with Bleb.org and reads in the files needed according to my channellist. The XEPG-plugin uses a different format. I have no sourcecode of this plugin and no Linux-system to compile with.

This has nothing to do with lua-scripts, because it is a stanalone plugin without need of an PC.

The local-time of the Reelbox is set right, EPG coming trough satellite is OK, everything throug Bleb.org is one hour off time.

BTW: I had made a good compile (only one warning), the exe-file is 15kb larger (could be because of newer units), but when I start the application, it crasches directly. Not even the main form gets displayed.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 am

have you put all of the lua libraries into the compiled directory

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Alan, I am sorry to say, but after all these surprises after each build, I had an exe-file wich crashed. All the way down I discovered too many units not available at buiding-time. Had to find out the names of that units, downloading, building(again surprises) and setting paths.

I have now to quit trying to use your source. It's too time-consuming.

At the moment, I am making a small console-application wich will download the RT_UK-files of my choice. Looking at the data-structure, it can't be that hard to make a conversion to compact xmltv-format. Compact because I am only interested in date, time, title and description. The Reelbox and I are used to this compact format.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the source and giving help in my struggling.