Recompiling XmlTvGui

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
KenAdam

Recompiling XmlTvGui

Post by KenAdam » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:48 am

I've been trying out your proram, and out of interest in how things work, I tried to rebuild it (under Delphi 2007 Pro).
There are various problems that I've tried to resolve (without resorting to reinstalling an older version for Delphi!)

I tracked down the dependency on Delphi Fundamentals, but this leaves some include files (which don't seem to be needed for the windows version?) and some other units such as "stacks" and "stringlists" that do not exist.

Is there somewhere that these files can be accessed?

Thanks,
Ken

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:56 pm

they should be in source\lib (i just checked the installer and they are indeed missing) try http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/lib/

saywhat

Re: Recompiling XmlTvGui

Post by saywhat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 pm

When I rebuild with the sources delivered with the program (=GREAT!!!!), I got 2 errors:

1. it does not find VCL_CLX_Forms.inc. Looked in your SVN and with Google: no results

2. It did not find cXMLFunctions.pas (found it in the SVN later, is OK now)

Can you help me with the first point?

Regards
In case my English is not good (enough): I am Dutch

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:29 pm

i'm not at home at the moment but i think on windows an empty file will work

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:19 pm

I found a file called VCL_CLX.inc in the SVN, did rename it to VCL_CLX_forms.inc. So far so good.

Because it is a couple of years since I Used Delphi (7) (done a lot of microcontroller-assembly), I have to get used with Delphi again. For example: it uses a unit wich is not available as .dcu at that moment. I thought Delhpi would build all relevant units?

Must read a lot++ of manual again.........

Would it not be better to make a zip with all the sourcefiles seperate from the installer, dowloadable from your website?

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 pm

heres the actual vcl_clx_forms.inc
what would be the advantage of a zip file?
Attachments
vcl_clx_forms.inc
(85 Bytes) Downloaded 1623 times

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:37 pm

If you zipped the sourcefiles, ALL files will be present, including the directory tree.

If one only is interested in the exe-file, there would be no use for included sourcefiles. On the other hand: if one likes to see/experiment with the source, one knows he deals with the complete package, downloading from your site and reads also other stuff on your site, including this forum.

My personal goal: create intermediate datafiles looking the same as BLEB, including some channels not available at BLEB, publish on a not-known site so my Reelbox Lite can import them. The Reelbox uses the XEPG-plugin to retreive data from BLEB. Since last daylightsavings, the timestamps on BLEB are wrong for use in Holland etc. Dispite my email, Andrew does not respond, so I have to the work myself (with the help of some friends :D )

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 am

Alan,

By uninstalling an older version 3, and removing all sourcefile-directorys, I started again by installing version 3.11.01 for Windows, including the sourcefiles.

After that, I got during a rebuild (at least) the next missing files, generating errors:

1. vcl_clx_forms.inc
2. vcl_clx.inc
3. lltype.inc
4. cUnicodecodecs.?
5. cxmlfunctions.pas

Most can be retrieved from the SVN without problems?
Number 4 is not there.

Request: can you checkout the difference between the sourcefiles you use and what is installed using the installer?
Last edited by saywhat on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:26 am

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 am

After downloading, compiling and set directorys, it did not compile the XMTLGUI successfully.

It showed, that the Indy-version in the Delphi7-installer, was the wrong version. After hours of uninstalling Indy9 and trying to compile the new Indy10-units (came from the latest SVN with wrong subunits (don't work with the other units within Indy10 and were combined, (idsys.pas)) there were even typo's in some units (for example "begi") so I had a lot of work getting it errorfree compiled.

The latest compile-error is the next: In unit uluagrabbers.pas line 466,467,729,730 the error says: Incompatible types: 'Int64' and 'Integer'

Does someone knows the the way to overcome these errors?

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:19 am

change the definintion of webwork and webworkbegin from integer to int64

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Alan: even changing this, there is the next error: in uluagrabbers.pas, 2 times a call to doprogress, wich is a undeclared identifier. Changing in lg.doprogress solves the problem.

Question: what is going on? I think, no one can compile this.

BTW: Are you using a Linux or Windwos-system?
Last edited by saywhat on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:30 pm

the indy problem is because you are probably using a newer version of indy than me. Which calls to doprogress are undefined? the lg prefix should only be required outside TLuaGrabbers.
if fonDLspeed is also undeclared then the code must not be inside TLuaGrabbers, have you made any modifications to the code or are there other errors?
I am compiling on both windows (delphi 7) and linux(kylix2/cross kylix) with no problems. The console application also should compile in free pascal / lazarus (although i havent checked this for a while so it may be broken)

saywhat

Post by saywhat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Alan,

the lg.doprogress is solved: I think the compiler makes wrong assumptions because of the type mismatch integer and int64 in webwork and webworkbegin ?

But why was the int64 not used in the first place? The IFDEF FPC gave the wrong definition, because I am using Delph7 and not Lazarus or FPC

Suddenly, the error about fondlspeed was gone too......

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:11 pm

older versions of indy used integers, newer versions use int64. I had to compile the freepascal version against a newer version of indy (hence the ifdefs) as older versions don't support freepascal. As the version I am using with delphi at the moment works i don't want to upgrade it (as you have noticed the quality of the indy library has reduced in the past few years and I have had to fix a few bugs myself in the version I have).