Digiguide Grabber - Fill the blanks

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
mortstar

Digiguide Grabber - Fill the blanks

Post by mortstar » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much fro the digiguide grabber - fantastic bit of kit, I've even now got listings for the elusive ITV HD (something I don't think the freesat receivers have).

I'm going to use this to populate the EPG in MediaPortal. Mediaportal fills the gaps left by channels such as BBC 3/4 with "No Data Available". The Digiguide software has a nicer solution of "programs start again at...". This looks nicer and would actually be really useful for channels such as ITV HD which is currently only showing 2/3 programs a week! Is there any chance that these blocks can be included in the scraper?

Many thanks

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Digiguide Grabber - Fill the blanks

Post by alanbirtles » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:39 pm

you could write a post processor script to fill in any blanks but it would probably be a lot of work

mortstar

Post by mortstar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:57 am

I've just been taking a look at some of the post-processing scripts and I had some luck in changing the prog_details.lua so that it moved some extra details in to the description. But the more difficult stuff is a bit beyond me.

I realise that the above mentioned idea would be extremely difficult. But with channels with known start and stop times (BBC Three, BBC Four etc.), creating a programme entry for the time off air should be much easier.

Would it be possible to develop a post-processor that creates these entries and adds them in to the grabbed data? Which .lua files should I start looking at for date conversion (i.e. looks at today's date on the system and converts that to a XMLTV acceptable format?).

Thanks for the great program and any help you can offer here.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 am

there arent any similar scripts but http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/wiki/in ... processors is a good place to start from. You would need a post processor with a ChannelTime pass with the interval set to 1 day and the max days set to 14.