Whats up with the RT Data?

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
philg

Whats up with the RT Data?

Post by philg » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:04 pm

The radio times data seems to have become corrupt this week. I had a look at the source data and for BBC1 (92.dat) it is OK (14 days) but the XMLTV GUI RT plugin loads only 3 days (until April 2nd). I replaced the cache file 92 with the content from 92.dat online and it picked up all 14 days.

Other channel data on the RT feed is only 2 or 3 days worth of data - much less than the usual 14 days (both online and as captured by XMLTV GUI).
Have RT stopped providing data or is it just messed up for some reason?

Luckily I have the ability to grab the data from freesat/freeview EPG's for 7 days using DVBguide but its (usually) not as good as the RT data source.

Thanks,
Phil

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Whats up with the RT Data?

Post by alanbirtles » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 am

seems ok today, radiotimes does have occasional problems. If they persist for more than a few day the best thing to do is email them directly (there's not much more I can do as the people who I used to contact have all left the bbc)

philg

Re: Whats up with the RT Data?

Post by philg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Alan,

I just tried re-running the grabber... And still got errors:
So I tried from a different ISP (at work) and it worked. It seems my DNS server is giving out stale/old IP addresses. I have now fixed it by changing my DNS server (and client) settings at home - that will teach me to use 3rd party DNS resolvers other than my ISP's lol.

It looks like the data now comes from the amazon cloud - maybe they are transitioning servers and for whatever reason I was getting the old IP's still which probably has not been updated in the last 2 weeks - hence the ever shortening available data - I dont know Why I didnt think of that over the weekend :oops:

Thanks,
Phil