Switching of Radio Time data to Atlas

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
kevinp

Switching of Radio Time data to Atlas

Post by kevinp » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Metabroadcast have said that they will be shutting down the current XMLTV data feed in favour of their ATLAS system. Are there any plan to update the XMLTV GUI program and RT grabber to use the new setup?

If not, does anyone know of an alternative that will use it?

Thanks,
Kevin.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Switching of Radio Time data to Atlas

Post by alanbirtles » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 am

Where did you get this information, I havent heard anything

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am

Various topics at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... c/atlasapi indicates they expect users to move from the .dat files to the new version 4.0 ATLAS API and will then retire the .dat files. Back in July 2012 they were saying it would be 'soon' and once all or the majority of users were using ATLAS.

Subsequent posts have said they are now not adding or amending channels as the .dat file setup is 'deprecated' . See Topic Radio Times: Movie Mix and Russia Today

The following is also worth a look http://old.nabble.com/The-future-of-the ... 00089.html

Latest talk is it will cease in the autumn. I can only assume that RT didn't have a requirement for them to maintain the .dat service for a minimum period.

MillmoorRon

Post by MillmoorRon » Thu May 15, 2014 9:06 am

Are there any plans to update XMLTV GUI to use Atlas data?

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am

I'll probably get round to it eventually but it wont be soon, I don't think there is any rush though as this rumour is now over a year old and the RT data is still working fine