XMLTV GUI / Digiguide - Scrape off air items?

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
swifty

XMLTV GUI / Digiguide - Scrape off air items?

Post by swifty » Sat May 11, 2013 11:39 am

Hi All,

I've recently setup Digiguide with XMLTV and have been using it to feed an xmltv file to Mediaportal using XBMC as my frontend.
Mostly its working well, but I've noticed a problem for channels that don't air 24 hrs a day, eg - in the UK BBC Three airs from around 6.30pm - 4am.

In Digiguide the timespan where the channel is off air displays a single entry stating 'Programmes start again at 6.30pm'.
It seems this is exposed on the DG2XML skin, but I can't find it in the resulting scraped XMLTV file.

This seems to screw XBMC up, as it looks at the guide data and because there is a massive hole of no data it lists the last program from the morning (usually 3.30am - 4am) as running right through until 6.30pm!
Is there any way to get XMLTV GUI to scrape the 'Programmes start again at x.xx' entry and insert it as a single program covering this off air period, just like it displays in Digiguide?

Since even it seems useful to have that information rather than ending up with 'no data available' (or something similar) if the bug is resolved on the XBMC side..

Thanks!

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: XMLTV GUI / Digiguide - Scrape off air items?

Post by alanbirtles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Sorry for the delay, your post was stuck in the moderation queue. In my testing here the gaps aren't filled by dummy programs. It should be possible to create a post processor that fills in any gaps in your epg though. Let me know if you need any help developing it.

Daveb500

Re: XMLTV GUI / Digiguide - Scrape off air items?

Post by Daveb500 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Has anybody done anything further on this? As you say, it would be an ideal candidate for a post process. If i was a developer, i'd have a go myself...... But sadly i'm not :-(