Windows 10 XMLTVConsole slow?

Discussion of Version 3 and developing lua grabbers
SidkneeSage

Windows 10 XMLTVConsole slow?

Post by SidkneeSage » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi,
I'm just in the process of moving my SageTV server from a Win7 box (that's on it's last legs) to a new Win10 (x64) box and wondered if anyone has run into problems with using XMLTVconsole under Windows 10?

I schedule XMLTVconsole to run each day to automatically collect my EPG data from the Digiguide software on the same PC. On my Win7 PC this runs quite happily but I've run into something strange whilst configuring it on the new Win10 PC. When the console programme runs the command window opens as normal, it connects to the local Digiguide web server, downloads data ok, but then grinds to a crawl processing it. It's that slow that you can actually read each programme title as it goes through the data (definitely not running anywhere near the same as on the Win7 PC). If I run the XMLTV GUI programme on the Win10 PC it zips along without any problems so this problem just seems to be affecting the console application.

Anyone run into similar problems?

Thanks,
Adrian.

SidkneeSage

Re: Windows 10 XMLTVConsole slow?

Post by SidkneeSage » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:28 pm

UPDATE:

I've managed to confirm that this problem appears when the console programme is run from a batch file. If I schedule the console programme directly from task scheduler it runs and finishes normally. Not as flexible as running it from a batch file but at least it means it can run.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adrian.

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 XMLTVConsole slow?

Post by alanbirtles » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:07 pm

why not just use the GUI?